Xenia, Ohio, USA, known as the "City of Hospitality," named for the Greek word "Xenia" meaning hospitality, is a community rich in traditional values, blending the preservation of its heritage along with a progressive attitude. With a population of nearly 26,000, Xenia is a diverse, friendly, people/family-oriented community ripe with quality-of-life options, including nationally recognized bike trails, award winning schools, a historic downtown with quaint restaurants and small businesses, splendid parks and recreational facilities, abundant land for industrial expansion and a safe small town feel perfect for young singles, working families and seniors looking for a comfortable and affordable location to live.
City Range of Services
The City of Xenia provides residents with the full range of municipal services including water, sewer, refuse collection, parks and recreation, police, fire, emergency ambulance. The City of Xenia’s water and sewer rates are among the lowest in the entire Greater Dayton area.
A Family Community
Xenia is a family community. Regardless of your lifestyle or interests, the City of Xenia can offer homes in newly developing subdivisions, restored historical districts, quiet established neighborhoods, or conveniently located condominium or patio home complexes.
Xenia is a community of "partnerships and collaboration" between all sectors of our population working together to improve overall quality of life.
Xenia has a diversified and growing industrial base, affordable housing, quality health care, abundant recreational activities, and forward-thinking schools.
Explore us-we think you’ll agree that nearly everything you want for quality living is available in Xenia, Ohio.
City of Xenia Core Values
We, the City of Xenia, strive to make ourselves accountable to these core values:
- Integrity - We will conduct ourselves in an ethical manner at all times in order to merit the respect, trust, and confidence of our coworkers and the public. In our actions and deeds we will embody the qualities of honesty and decency always exhibiting morality regardless of personal interests or consequences.
- Servant Leadership - We will provide consistent, ethical service, striving to put the needs of others first to improve the overall community.
- Stewardship - We will engage in responsible planning and management of public resources including but not limited to economic, environmental, and social assets.
- Personal & Professional Excellence - Our actions and attitudes will meet the highest standards and cultivate a culture of continuous improvement within the organization and the community.
- Respect - We recognize the importance of our stakeholders by seeking to understand, empathize, and value their differences, opinions, and perspectives in an effort to enhance relationships and build community.
- Innovation - We will develop and implement effective solutions utilizing creative methods and new ideas to make continuous improvement.
It is the mission of the City of Xenia to provide exemplary municipal services through responsible stewardship of community assets, and the promotion of economic, environmental, and social vitality.
We will set the standard as a healthy, professional and inclusive organization to build a better community.
|1990 Census||2010 Census||2020 Census|
- Type - Council-City Manager
- Police Department Personnel full-time - 74
- Fire Department Personnel full-time - 45
- Fire Insurance Class:
- In City - 4
- Outside of City - 7-9
- City zoning ordinance - Yes
Nearby metropolitan cities:
- Columbus - 55 miles
- Dayton - 15 miles
- Springfield - 15 miles
- Cincinnati - 55 miles
- Churches - 53
- Motels - 3 (Total rooms 197)
- Bed and Breakfasts - 1 (Total rooms 5)
- YMCA/YWCA - 1
- Number of Parks - 8
- Tennis Courts - 3
- Golf Courses - Private - 1 / Public - 1
- Amateur Theater - 1
- Bike/Hike Trails and Hub - 5
|Schools||Number of Schools|
There are 20 colleges within a 25 mile radius including:
- Antioch College
- Cedarville University
- Central St. University
- Sinclair Community College
- University of Dayton
- Wilberforce University
- Wittenberg University
- Wright State University
- Air Force Institute of Technology
- Libraries - 1 (Greene County District Library)
- Hospitals - 1 (beds - 49)
- Clinics - 1
- Dentists - 15
- Physicians - 127
Highways Serving Area
- I-675, I-71, I-75 and I-70 - all within 15 miles
- US Routes 35, 42 and 68
- State Route 235 and 380
Motor Freight Carriers
- Freight carriers - 50+
- Freight Terminals (in Xenia) - 2 (See Transportation)
- Nearest Airport Greene County Airport - 2 miles
- Runway Length - 4,000 feet (lighted)
- Surface - Hard
- Commercial Service - Dayton International - 26 miles
- Springfield Beckley Municipal - 13 miles
- Name of Supplier - City of Xenia
- Source - 11 wells
- Maximum Daily Capacity - 8,000,000 gallons per day
- Average Daily Consumption - 3,600,000 gallons per day
- Static Pressure - 120 psi
- Type of Sewage Treatment - Activated sludge/advanced secondary
- Capacity - 7,600,000 gallons per day
- Present Load - 5,000,000 gallons per day
General Property Tax Rate/$1,000 Taxable Value
- City - $6.70
- School - $46.35
- County - $13.95
- JVS - $3.45
- Health - $0.80
- Total Rate - $71.25
- Total Effective Rate:
- Agricultural/Residential - $55.82
- Commercial/Industrial - $60.10
Taxable value for real property is 35% and for personal property is 25%.
- Retail Sales Tax (Greene County) - 6.5%
- Local Income Tax - 2.25%
- School District Income Tax - 0.5%