The City Clerk position is established by City Charter, Article IV, Section 4.10 , is appointed by the Mayor and City Council, and works under the direction of the Finance Director. The City Clerk acts as the Clerk of Council and all its lay boards and is responsible for the following:
- Giving notice of all City Council and lay board meetings, including public hearing notices: View our City Calendar, which lists all City Council and lay board meetings or click here to learn more about the regular meeting schedule.
- Coordinating, preparing, and distributing Agenda Packets for City Council and all its lay boards: To learn more about City Council and its lay boards, visit their pages: City Council, Board of Zoning Appeals, Xenia Recreation and Events Commission (formerly BRACA), Civil Service Commission, Charter Review Commission, Planning and Zoning Commission, and all of the Council's Standing Committees.
- Keeping an accurate and concise journal of the minutes of all City Council and lay board proceedings: View this page with links to City Council Agendas and Minutes.
- Processing all Ordinances and Resolutions and maintaining the codification of those legislative actions: Visit American Legal’s online library to view the Xenia City Code, which includes the City Charter.
- Acting as the custodian of all official City records and public documents, such as Agreements, Easement Deeds, Ordinances and Resolutions, Annexation Materials, etc.: View the City’s Public Records Policy and access the applicable forms (PDF).
- Receiving competitive bids, officiating at bid openings, and receiving/processing bid bonds. Learn about upcoming bid openings.
- Updating/maintaining the City’s Government Channel (TWC Cable Channel 5): View the City’s Government Channel Policy.
- Preparing Mayoral Proclamations
The City’s Government Channel
If you have an announcement that does not fit within the parameters of the City’s Government Channel policy, you have other options! To post information about your upcoming high school reunion or school-sponsored athletic event on the Xenia Community School’s public access channel (TWC Cable Channel 21), please contact the Board of Education at 937-376-2961. To post information on the Community Access Channel (TWC Cable Channel 6), please call 937-396-8350, email your request to or print the Bulletin Board Announcement form (PDF), fill it out, and fax it to 937-396-8357.